I write, speak, invest, network, and question to stimulate fruitful conversation. Let's talk about human flourishing! It begins with freedom. Holy leisure is the key to human being, freedom and generativity. Please join me in the adventure of realizing Christ!
Just so you’ll know, I don’t hate Facebook.
I just don’t have the energy to maintain a virtual presence there when my real presence still needs work.
Here are my 10 favorite Facebook usages:
- Asking the world to pray for unity in the Body of Christ on the 17th of each month, per Christ’s own prayer for this great good in John, Chapter 17.
- People on their way to adoration, asking for prayer requests and then really praying for each one before the Real Presence of Jesus Christ.
- Photos of amazing natural wonders and beautiful art images. Yes, add to the beauty my friends!
- Urgent prayer requests…finally a great reason to broadcast instead of to speak to folks individually. I may miss these requests, but I hold in my heart all the intentions of my friends and Facebook connections, so I’m not ignoring these!
- Catholic memes: good, clean fun. Thanks for sharing these!
- Songs that lift up your heart. They usually lift mine, too.
- Links to hopeful news items I might have missed.
- Reminders of what saint’s feast day this is, in case I didn’t know. I especially like the ones with a great quote.
- My blog posts magically link to my FB page and so I appreciate the boost that may give in readership.
- I love that FB will send me an email when someone mentions me, responds to a comment I’ve made, or has sent a message. I’ll miss something by dropping in only monthly, but not miss something meant for me, personally.