I write, speak, invest, network, and question to stimulate fruitful conversation. Let's talk about human flourishing! It begins with freedom. Holy leisure is the key to human being, freedom and generativity. Please join me in the adventure of realizing Christ!
Topics for Podcasts & Talk Shows
Listen to my conversion story on Marcus Grodi’s Journey Home Show, for EWTN.
Let’s Talk – Conversation is the Context of Truth!
- 7 Weeks of Vacation – Sabbath-keeping gives you over seven weeks of vacation each year!
- Creativity is for Everyone – Everyone is called to be creative, though not all may be artists.
- The Poetic Reader – be a better reader
- Hope in a Word – weaving the context of hope
- The Glory of Form – art & personhood
- Seeing Through Words – teaching poetry
- Joy in Three Persons – Chesterton + virtue
- 3-D Transcendentals – why art education Aristotle’s Rhetoric – teaching rhetoric
- Holy Geometry – this is so neat!
- Building with Bricks – cultivating conversation
- Beauty Becomes You – aesthetic education Poetic Education – the overlooked stage
- 3 Databases of Education – classical + twists
- Building the Bridge – getting over the abyss
- Communicating Christ – being a Catholic writer
- The Joy Foundation – why small is better
- Bright City – a Catholic idea playground
- 3 Dares to Change Your Life – fun with courage
- What’s a Salon? – conversation + art + faith
- Finding Your Voice – why we need vocal work
- Ways to Help Artists – low cost patronage
- Life in Motion – philosophy + drivers education
- What’s a Creative? – why I use it as a noun
- The Poet as Troublemaker – be not afraid!
Unless your Sabbath is three-dimensional, you’re not getting the real deal.
Speed and stagnation are opposite enemies of Sabbath rest.
The Church needs writers and artists!!
Holy Leisure is the key to human being.
Charlotte Ostermann is the last person you’d expect to write about Sabbath rest!
A ‘purpose driven’ life can be dangerous.
Sabbath can only be fully understood in light of the Eucharist.
There are ‘bubble-bath’ Sabbaths, and ‘pointy’ Sabbaths and Sabbaths that lead to true freedom.
Fr. Korda interviewed me on Wineskins about Three-Dimensional Balance.
(starts at 9:24)
Listen to my interview on Relevant Radio
(starts at 38:01)
Holy leisure builds our capacity to bear tension.
When we lose the capacity to see, to know poetically, we lose capacity for Christ.
To be free, you must be three dimensional.
Speed can make us ‘violent’ people, if we aren’t careful.
Creativity is a function of deep rest, hard work, and intense delight.
True freedom can be cultivated only by true leisure.
Danger: If you don’t respond to the idea of Sabbath, you may be tempted to ‘idea-olatry’!
People with no time for holy leisure need it most.
Sabbath has implications for evangelisation, art, economics, family life, culture, prayer, and more.
We are free from the law of Sabbath-keeping because it has been fulfilled in Christ.
You must be logged in to post a comment.